[postgis-users] postgis.sql

Mark Vantzelfde netmasters.ma at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 02:07:24 PDT 2009

After installing/configuring/making geos, proj4 and postgis from sources on
a new Linux system along with a fresh install of postgresql, I cannot run
the postgis.sql file. I am getting " ERROR:  current transaction is aborted,
commands ignored until end of transaction block" errors.

When I ran configure for the postgis build, I had to specify the paths to
geos, proj.4 and postgresql so required libs might not be in the expect
locations. I tried setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH but I am not certain what libs
are needed or where to find them on my system.

Ideas on how to resolve?

Thanks

Mark Vantzelfde