[postgis-users] multipoint2point

Marco Lechner - FOSSGIS e.V. marco.lechner at fossgis.de
Mon Sep 14 05:27:12 PDT 2009

why don't you use "-nlt MULTIPOINT" in ogr2ogr to force multipoint as
geometry type for the resulting shape? Anyway ogr2ogr shoukd keep the
input-geometry-type  as default if possible, I guess.

Marco

jj.wag at gmx.de schrieb:
> Hi,
> I have a postgistable with different geometrytyps in one table: points
> and multipoints (get this information via ST_GeometryType).
> UMN Mapserver have no problems to show the geometrys, but if I try to
> export this table via ogr2ogr there is an error:
> Attempt to write non-poin(MULTIPOINT) to point shapefile.
> How can I cast all my geometrys to point?
> Jo

++++++++BITTE VORMERKEN++++++++
INTERGEO 2009: 22.09. - 24.09.2009
in Karlsruhe; Halle 1, Stand 1.417

FOSSGIS e.V.
die unabhängige Hilfe bei freier GIS-Software und freien Geodaten
www.fossgis.de