[postgis-users] ERROR: function public.ndims(geometry) does not exist

Ben Madin ben at remoteinformation.com.au
Mon Sep 14 06:03:20 PDT 2009

G'day all,

I have just upgraded to 1.4.0, and looking through the new functions.

I have tried the populate_geometry_columns() function, but it returned
the error as above.

It would seem this is because I normally (as recommended by several
people on this list) define the postgis functions into their own
schema, but the populate_geometry_columns() function specifies the
ndims function as belonging to the public schema.

This I can obviously fix, but I wondered (as this particular function
is the only one that specifies the public schema) if it is necessary
for some other reason I have missed?

cheers

Ben

--