[postgis-users] Lines that goes through areas ?

Tuomas Ruohonen illurt at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 23 02:57:08 PDT 2009

Hi again :)

I have table with feature info "cars", then i have line table "lines" with car_id and line_geom. When I am inserting area i get area cordinates and I am comparing those to lines_geom.
Yeah I can see the car_id that has gone through the area. But if same car_id goes many times trough area I cannot get valid feature data from this kind of query ?
I am getting that point when car is crossing the area first time with ST_Intersection. One car (one car_id) has only one linestring. Should I cut these linestrings in line segments and then I can see same
car everytime it is crossing the area. Hint I have also date_field in "cars" table, points that are making linestrings are also in "cars" table.