[postgis-users] Transforming Linestring to Multipoint

Mehmet Sirin m.sirin07 at googlemail.com
Sun Sep 27 13:47:40 PDT 2009

> pointn(

  geometryn(the_geom, 1),

  generate_series(1, numpoints(geometryn(the_geom, 1)))

)

Hi, that means if there is a Linestring, e.g. LINESTRING ( x1 y1, x2 y2, x3
y4 )
this function will Return 3 Points.
But my itention was: If I have a LINESTRING ( x1 y1, x2 y2, x3 y4 ), I want
to add a given amount of points to this linestring, so that when tranforming
it to MULTIPOINT I will have a return of (for example) 7 points ... but i
DONT'T want to change the geometry of the linestring, just adding some more
points!
so:  transforming LINESTRING ( x1 y1, x2 y2, x3 y4 ) to LINESTRING ( x1 y1,
x2 y2, x3 y4, x4 y4, x5 y5, ... ) but it is the same line!
Why doing all this stuff? I just want to find out the center of that
linestring^^
bye