[postgis-users] (no subject)

Emilie Laffray emilie.laffray at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 11:36:25 PDT 2009

eehab hamzeh wrote:
> thanks for your replay, do you mean to add some like this, i keep
> receiving error
>
> CREATE TABLE example_intersections_b AS (select id, SELECT  DISTINCT
> st_intersects(part_1.the_geom, part_2.the_geom)
>       FROM  source AS part_1,
>            faces_obj AS part_2
>      WHERE part_1.id <> part_2.id
> );

Your query is not valid. Your double select is not valid SQL. This
should be the valid sequence. Obviously, I don't have your table
structure, but in theory this should work.

CREATE TABLE example_intersections_b AS
(        SELECT      DISTINCT
                               part_1.id,
                               part_2.id,
                               st_intersects(part_1.the_geom,
part_2.the_geom)
          FROM         source AS part_1,
                               faces_obj AS part_2
         WHERE       part_1.id <> part_2.id
);

Plus you may want to give the error you are getting to be helped in a
more efficient manner.

Emilie Laffray