[postgis-users] outgrowing the standard Pg install

P Kishor punk.kish at gmail.com
Tue Apr 6 07:23:01 PDT 2010

On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 1:40 AM, Ben Madin
<lists at remoteinformation.com.au> wrote:
> G'day Puneet,
>
> I'm no expert, but we have just started looking at using tablespaces to spread a database across multiple drives. You may already be across this.
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/interactive/manage-ag-tablespaces.html
>
> I haven't yet worked out if you can spread one table across multiple drives though. Also, I'm not sure if it works on windows?

Sweet! This is really helpful. However, I too am interested in
splitting a single table across multiple disks. If you find out
something before I find out  and announce it here, please let me know.

Puneet Kishor http://www.punkish.org
Carbon Model http://carbonmodel.org