[postgis-users] how to backup/restore

Ben Madin lists at remoteinformation.com.au
Sun Apr 11 19:21:43 PDT 2010

OK

On 12/04/2010, at 10:03 , Nicholas Bower wrote:

> 2. Dump just this separate data schema using pg_dump -Fc -N <schema>

I think here you mean -n?, but it's six of one and half a dozen of the other. I routinely use different schema's for different aspects of the database, hence easier to just exclude one.

> I note your solution of the separate schema using default path hack - interesting that this works (assume you change the search path for all db updater roles).

I'm not sure what you mean by this question, sorry. I do change the search_path for the database -

	ALTER database SET search_path TO data, reference, users, gis;

if that is what you are referring to?

cheers

Ben