[postgis-users] Backup and Restore of a PostGis database

pcreso at pcreso.com pcreso at pcreso.com
Wed Aug 4 11:56:07 PDT 2010

Hi Luis,

With option 2, all the errors are about a failure to create objects (postgis functions & spatial_ref_sys entries I assume).

Why is this a problem for you? They already exist so do not need to be reinstalled, the rest of your database should be installed, so you should have a fully functional copy.

If you ignore the error warnings about trying to reinstall postgis objects, is there a reason the resulting database is not what you wanted to create?

Cheers,

  Brent Wood