[postgis-users] Shape file importer. broken multipolygon

Nicolas Gillet - MARKET-IP nicolas.gillet at market-ip.com
Tue Aug 17 04:20:28 PDT 2010

Hello List,

I used the PGAdmin III plug-in to import shape files into my database but
I'm facing a problem.

The shape file I am importing contains multi-polygon but the resulting table
after import contains only single polygon and some polygons are then lost.

Only one polygon is imported for every multi-polygon in the file.

If I use the shp2pqsql command line tool (instead of GUI), I have the right
result. My multi-polygons are as they're supposed to be.

So I think that the import plug-in is somehow configured to use something
like the "-S" forced switch of the shp2pqsql tool but I don't find such
option in the plug-in's options.

I use a PosgreSql 8.4, Postgis 1.5 with PgAdmin III.

The import plugin version is : shp2pgsql-gui $Revision: 5094 $.

Any idea of what's wrong ?

Thanks for any input.

Nicolas

Gillet