[postgis-users] QGIS requires

Aman Verma aman.verma at mcgill.ca
Wed Aug 18 11:05:59 PDT 2010

Hi,

Yes, there is a way to do this.

First, you have to create a 'sequence'. But you only have to do this once. It won't really matter if several different tables are using the same sequence in your situation.

create sequence sq; -- You only have to do this once. You could also make a temporary sequence. create temporary...

CREATE VIEW my_view AS (SELECT
nextval('sq'), -- this is the function to access the next number from your sequence.
St_Union(wkb_geometry) FROM my_subregions GROUP BY region_id);

aman