[postgis-users] Point and intersection of streets.

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Tue Aug 24 10:04:09 PDT 2010

On 8/24/2010 11:19 AM, Ricardo Vilella wrote:
> I have a layer with lines representing the streets of a city, how I can
> do to find if a point is near an intersection of two streets?

I think we need a little more information:

How do you want to define "near"? by some maximum distance?
What is an intersection?
A. if you data is noded, then intersections are defined by a node that
has two or more segments with different names.
B. if not noded then you have compute all the segment segment
intersections in the area "near" the point.

-Steve