[postgis-users] pgsql2shp fails

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Thu Aug 26 23:20:21 PDT 2010

Denis,

I don't have the latest svn version handy, though I think the version I have
has the latest pgsql2shp in it and its about a week or 2 old.

I tested with dumping out a spatial table from my 2.0 database and it worked
fine.  It could be an issue with parameters. (though the error you describe
is a bit bizarre since gid is not needed to dump out a spatial table)

Can you give us the following bits of information

1) pgsql2shp -- with no args -- what does the version number say

Mine reads -- the below
RCSID: $Id: pgsql2shp.c 5450 2010-03-22 19:38:14Z pramsey $ RELEASE: 2.0
USE_GEOS=1 USE_PROJ=1 USE_STATS=1

2) What command line switches are you using - an example would be nice
I tested with this
pgsql2shp -f C:\cities -h localhost -p 5439 -u postgres postgis_test20
cities

and worked fine for me

3) Version of PostgreSQL you are running
4) Output of the below

SELECT postgis_scripts_released()

mine reads
2.0 r5793