[postgis-users] Size of .dbf file produced with pgsql2shp

Denis Rykov rykovd at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 18:34:07 PDT 2010

Just updated pgsql2shp from svn and try to use it: pgsql2shp -f
arkhan.shp osm "SELECT st_intersection as geom  from arkhan_line_attr
WHERE tourism<>''"

If SELECT returns empty table I get notice:
ERROR: Could not determine geometry type (empty table).
Done (postgis major version: 2).
Output shape: Null Shape
Dumping: [0 rows].

At result pgsql2shp produce one .dbf file with 256 Bytes size. Some
days ago, before updating pgsql2shp, size of such .dbf file was 1
Byte.
I use size of this empty *.dbf file in my script. Need I change this
value to 226 or this is a bug?