[postgis-users] searching a valid query to return the borders of a country

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Sun Dec 5 09:26:58 PST 2010

Hi,

Torsten Mohr wrote:
> i'm searching for an SQL query that returns the borders of a country or
> better, _all_ countries.

The correct SQL query depends on the data structure in your data base.

If your data has been imported from OpenStreetMap then the answer to
your question requires a lot of knowledge about the OpenStreetMap data
model and how osm2pgsql works.

You are on the wrong mailing list. I believe explained this to you already.

To solve your problem, I suggest to import one of the shape files from
http://www.naturalearthdata.com/downloads/10m-cultural-vectors/. The
first file in that list, "Admin 0 - Countries" will give you a nice
polygon for every country in the world.

Bye
Frederik