[postgis-users] Can't create topology schema/functions - PostgreSQL 9.0.1 & PostGIS 1.5.2

chlists at me.com chlists at me.com
Thu Dec 9 03:11:58 PST 2010

Hi again,

>> I went through the whole exercise again with the current 2.0svn.
>> Everything works as expected and the tests went successfully.
>
> Great.
> Would you like to share your planned use of the postgis topology
> I'd appreciate it. Also improvement ideas are welcome :)

Yes most certainly. I was hoping that I can use it for global large scale geological/geodynamic work to generate topological polygons for tectonic plates based on geological features (mostly line/polyline data). One issue I can already forsee is the usual GIS problem for boundaries between plates crossing the dateline or/and in polar regions (e.g. the Arctic).

Cheers,
Christian