[postgis-users] Shifting linestrings left

Ben Madin lists at remoteinformation.com.au
Wed Dec 22 18:13:20 PST 2010

G'day all,

I have a problem where I am trying to show the route of livestock movements, but I am loosing information when the travel along the same road in different directions (ie in some cases they travel from a saleyard to a feedlot, then back to the saleyard after a period). The roads they travel along are single linestrings.

Is there a way to 'shift' the linestring to the left - after all, that would be sensible side of the road to drive on...

cheers

Ben