[postgis-users] Shifting linestrings left

Sean seanasy at gmail.com
Thu Dec 23 07:07:45 PST 2010

Is this just a visualization issue?  You could store copies of the the
road line with attribute data indicating direction or have a separate
table with foreign keys to the geography and the direction data.

Then, you just symbolize differently based on the attributes.  Offset
the symbology not the geometry.  This is more correct, it preserves
the information about the actual road on which they travel.  Showing
direction of travel is strictly a symbology issue.

Sean