[postgis-users] Shapefile to postgis...

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Mon Jan 4 07:33:42 PST 2010

 Mehmet,

Spamming a 1000 people is really no way to ask for help.

Please send these tot he PostGIS Users group as cc'd above.

You can signup here if you are not already subscribed.

http://www.postgis.org/support/

You may want to try out the new shp2pgsql gui loader if you are having a
hard time figuring out how to use the command line.

http://www.postgis.org/download/windows/experimental.php

Details on it and how it works described here

http://www.postgresonline.com/journal/index.php?/archives/145-PgAdmin-III-Pl
ug-in-Registration-PostGIS-Shapefile-and-DBF-Loader.html

(I fyou are using pre-1.5 PostGIS, don't use the geography option, but
geometry should work fine for 1.3-1.5

Hope that helps,
Regina

---
Subject: Shapefile to postgis...

In my system:

- Postgresql installed
- I installed Postgis
- I'm using XP
- No other system or program on my computer
- Line, point, .. can customize, such as commands
- A shape file can not install postgis'e
- The system file is yol.shp in the C drive (C: \ yol.shp)
- Database name: postgis
- User name: postgres
- Port number: 5432

Note:I am not using Qgis,esri,arcwiew or anything.However I don want to use.
Only I want to assign shape file to postgis.

I need help too Do not do anything in this way no one?

Last question why we use srid? What is the meaning value of srid -1,0,4326 ?

Mehmet Sait VURAL
Mersin Universitesi Bilgisayar Müh.
33343-Çiftlikköy/MERSÝN