[postgis-users] Postgis on AIX

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Fri Jan 22 02:34:31 PST 2010

Derek Jones wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I have a need to run postgis on AIX.

(lots cut)

> It doesn't appear to complete the postgis shared lib load. Compared with
> the same o/p from strace on x86, where it goes on to load up geos and
> then proj just fine.

The only time I've seen the postgis-1.4.so module fail to load on
startup is when PostgreSQL has been unable to locate the GEOS and/or
PROJ.4 libraries.

The first thing I would check is that if you've installed everything
with --prefix=/usr1/local to ensure that /usr1/local/lib is in the
currently library search path. I know you can set this in Linux with
ldconfig and Solaris with crle, but I'm not sure about the AIX
equivalent. Once this is set, you should then find that restarting
PostgreSQL will then allow the PostGIS module to load.

> Any thoughts appreciated. Stuck with an 18CPU partition and 64G of
> memory and can't use it until I fix this :-)

Nice :)

HTH,

Mark.

PostgreSQL - PostGIS