[postgis-users] PROBLEM CONVERTING AND MANIPULATING LONGITUDE ANDLATITUDE COORDINATES

Marko Čubranić mcubranic at gmail.com
Sat Jan 23 07:55:07 PST 2010

Dear colleagues,

i have problems with ST_difference operator.
I have imported two *.shp files in postgis databas, country(polygon) and
region of country(polygon).
I have run ST_difference query and the result was as i  expected, but
result was also part of
both polygons, more precise some of boundary lines that both polygons
contains.
I have checked geometries in AutoCAD and both geometries are similar, line
on line, point on point.
Than I run queries in postgis to show me Geometry as text of both polygons
and result of ST-difference. And all geometries contained same coordinates.

I hope that you have understand my problem and thank you for your help.

Marko