[postgis-users] Connecting uDig to PostGIS .

Anders Söderman Anders.Soderman at gisassistans.se
Sun Jan 24 07:45:04 PST 2010

Hello.

I am learning SLD (Styled Layer Descriptor) and therefore I’m building a
PostGIS testdatabase for GeoServer and uDig. uDig gives me a SLD XML-file to
work with, that why uDig is important.

I have 17 Databases in PostGIS but only two could be imported into the uDig
Catalog. One table/layer in a third Database was loaded to, but the other 17
tables/layers in the same Database was rejected.  I have a feeling that the
ones who succeded was loaded into PostGIS in December last year using
shp2pgsql or QGIS/SPIT. For the rest I have been using shp2pgsql_gui, which
saves so much time.  I´ve installed uDig on a second PC and the result was
exactly the same. uDig says: Unable to recognize service, choose another.

I´ve been testing and reading manuals for two days, but now I´m out of
ideas. Anybody who could give me a new direction?    Thanks Anders Soderman
Sweden