[postgis-users] postgis topology question

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Wed Jan 27 08:35:04 PST 2010

Absurd wrote:
> Hi, Fred.
> Thanks for quick reply. I’ll try this way.
>
> I’m just curious – how does it happen in pqrouting?  Do I need something
> like this trigger too using pqrouting (for moving node N2) or edges geometry
> editing will be called automatically?

pgRouting does not use the postgis topology functions. It has a function
that create a vertices_tmp table that is a list of unique nodes (by
location) and then further adds the unique node id to the vector tables.
There is currently no provision for modifying this table of the
relationships.

Basically it is intended to be built then used for routing. If the data
changes you have to rebuild the tables and the relationships.

-Steve W