[postgis-users] non-convex or concave hull

Dylan Beaudette debeaudette at ucdavis.edu
Tue Jun 1 09:45:39 PDT 2010

On Monday 31 May 2010, Paragon Corporation wrote:
> Andreas,
>
> It is on our todo
>
> http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/312
>
> I have a version that sort of works, but Martin Davis threw a curve ball at
> me by pointing out a case where my algorithm fails so I was going to
> rewrite it.  Just haven't had the motivation or time to revisit.
>
> If you have the R package -- there are concave hull packages available too
> though those would be messier to use than a native PostgreSQL function.
>
> http://casoilresource.lawr.ucdavis.edu/drupal/node/919

One small note on the 'alphahull' [1] package is based on code that does not
comply with the GPL... So check out the attached license [2] if you plan on
including it in your work.

1. http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/alphahull/index.html
2. http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/alphahull/LICENSE

Cheers,