[postgis-users] St_Expands

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Fri Jun 4 17:33:10 PDT 2010

Paul,
Since you are just dealing with a point geometry, take a look at
ST_MakeBox3D

http://www.postgis.org/documentation/manual-1.5SVN/ST_MakeBox3D.html

and ST_Translate
http://www.postgis.org/documentation/manual-1.5SVN/ST_Translate.html
<http://www.postgis.org/documentation/manual-1.5SVN/ST_MakeEnvelope.html>

So the box would be

SELECT ST_MakeBox3D(ST_Translate(point_geom, -10,-8,-6),
ST_Translate(point_geom, 10, 8, 6))

Leo and Regina
http://www.postgis.us

  _____