[postgis-users] Libpq error

Saeed Bhuta saeed.bhuta at placr.co.uk
Mon Mar 1 08:09:52 PST 2010

strk wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 01, 2010 at 03:35:21PM +0000, Saeed Bhuta wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I am trying to install PostGIS in order to install PG Routing.
>>
>> However when I run the configure script, at the end I am given the
>> following error even though I have libpq installed:
>>
>> "configure: error: could not find libpq"
>>
>> I am on Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala and PostgreSQL 8.4.
>>

> Try:
> sudo apt-cache search postgresql | grep dev | grep client
>
> --strk;
>
>   Share. It's fair.
>   http://iwouldntsteal.net

Thanks Strk for your reply.

I ran the command and it gave the output: libpgtcl-dev - Tcl client
library binding for PostgreSQL - development files.

So I did sudo apt-get install libpgtcl-dev and it installed
successfully, I then ran the configure script but it still gives the
same error;

configure: error: could not find libpq

Saeed.