[postgis-users] st_intersects threw an error

Leonid Khaylov khaylov.stud at fsr.tu-darmstadt.de
Tue Mar 9 03:50:09 PST 2010

Hello!

I'm experiencing a problem with function st_intersects (currently
installed PostGIS 1.4). Our software makes a lot of db queries which are
using st_intersects (actually it should be running a week or more) and
after some number of queries we get "st_intersects threw an error"
problem. We were able to get around this problem as after the error is
thrown we disconnect from the db and connect to it again retrying the
same query. It works. But the problem we're experiencing now is more
difficult - we get these errors more often with time. Apparently, on the
4th day of simulation we get those errors each 3 minutes and it is
almost not possible to finish the simulation.

Any ideas on how can we get around it? Any patches?

Thanks in advance!

Leonid Khaylov