[postgis-users] How to edit one point in multipolygon given dump path

strk strk at keybit.net
Mon Mar 15 11:17:11 PDT 2010

On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 01:10:31PM -0500, Paul moen wrote:
> If one was to try to learn how to write a c function that could
> eventually make it into postgis, where would one start?  Are there any
> good books on the subject?  Is it best to look at the source code?

Looking at the source code is always a wonderful experience, you may
want to do that. As for books there are many out there for C.
A good start is this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_C_Programming_Language_(book)

> Also, how do I submit a scripting language function that I think may
> be useful?

Some people just add the code (when simple) on the wiki:
http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/wiki/UsersWikiMain

--strk;