[postgis-users] Problem installing postgis

loldrup2 loldrup at diku.dk
Tue Mar 16 10:46:58 PDT 2010

Hi

I just installed postgresql-8.3-postgis and postgis .DEB-packages in Ubuntu
9.10 following this guide:
http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/wiki/UsersWikiPostgisOnUbuntu

Now I'm following the 'Using PostGIS'-part. Step 2 tells me to set up the
PostGIS libs by entering this:
psql -d mytestdb -f /usr/share/postgresql-8.3-postgis/lwpostgis.sql

It gives me a load of error messages, all like this:
psql:/usr/share/postgresql-8.3-postgis/lwpostgis.sql:6531: ERROR:  current
transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction block

finishing off with: ROLLBACK

In the Linux-shell I am logged into the postgres-account.
What could I be doing wrong?

kind regards Jon Loldrup