[postgis-users] PostGIS/PostGres Configuration

Steffan Chmuryk schmuryk at icisociety.ca
Thu Mar 18 11:05:05 PDT 2010

Back again...

I have attempted to run the shp2pgsql command, without success. So I decided to test some other datasets, and see what happens.

Two polygon datasets, 300mb and 950mb, and one point dataset, 18mb, all loaded successfully. The civic address point dataset of 500mb, still does not load.

Any suggestions?

Also, when will PostGIS be able to load data that is larger than 2gb? And, is there any other intermediate format, other than shapefile, that I should consider using?

Steffan Chmuryk
Technical Services Coordinator, ICIS
www.icisociety.ca

Office:   (250) 381-9295