[postgis-users] Unsupported GML

Olivier Courtin olivier.courtin at oslandia.com
Fri Mar 26 01:03:15 PDT 2010

On Mar 25, 2010, at 9:59 PM, Andrea Peri 2007 wrote:

Hi Andrea,

> I'm try-ing to insert on postgis 1.5.1 a geometry using
> ST_GeomFromGML.
>
> The fragment I'm using is this:
>
> <gml:TopoCurve>
>    [...]
> </gml:TopoCurve>
>
> But the postgis report this error:
> > ERROR: invalid GML representation
>
> I don't understand if the error is because this is an unsupported
> fragment or the fragment is bad defined.
> (It seem ok for the GML 3.1.1 definitions).
>
> So there is some info about the supported tags ?

Well it's true we did'nt document the whole tags list,
but, from the 1.5 PostGIS documentation:
"GML 3.1.1 Simple Features profile SF-2 (with GML 3.1.0 and 3.0.0
backward compatibility)"

So  GML 3.1.1 is supported up to Simple Profile level 2. (GML SF-2)
And TopoCurve is not inside SF-2, but should be part of topology
profile.

Then it explains why your fragment is not currently supported.

A good tool to explore schemas online:
<http://schemas.liquid-technologies.com/LibraryDocs/OpenGis/gml/3.1.1/>

HTH,

--