[postgis-users] PSQL command to drop table from a databae

Shreerang Patwardhan patwardhan.shreerang at gmail.com
Sun Mar 28 03:10:21 PDT 2010

Hello Maciej,
    I have tried up the quotes as well...Still doesn't work....[?]

Do you think that 11001_district_of_columbia_arealm is an invalid table
name? Actually, a table with the said name can be created using psql command
as well as through pgadmin3. But then why does it give an error while
deleting this table? The error message reads as:

ERROR:  syntax error at or near "11001"
LINE 1: DROP TABLE 11001_district_of_columbia_arealm
                                     ^

I am unable to guage what the problem is?...Please help me....

Thanx,
Shreerang Patwardhan.