[postgis-users] ST_CoveredBy supporting geography?

Paul Ramsey pramsey at opengeo.org
Tue May 11 17:52:43 PDT 2010

Bounding box intersects (&&) on geography will return
sane-on-the-spheroid results, which then can be reprojected for use in
geometry land.

On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 5:47 PM, Nicholas Bower <nick at petangent.net> wrote:
> Thanks for the clarification.  True intersects (ST_Intersects) or bounding
> box intersects (&&)?
> I'll ask around and see if there is interest in funding something.
>  Personally however I've been working with no secured funding on this for 3
> years (not my day job) so can't fund myself sorry;

NP. If you don't mind ticketing polygon-on-polyton covers in
geography, that would be great. On thinking on it, I'm not sure why I
didn't implement it in first pass. Maybe I just ran out of time.

P.