[postgis-users] How To build postGIS on debian with pbuilder?

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Tue May 18 15:55:19 PDT 2010

Hi all,

Does anyone know how to build postGIS using pbuilder on Debian lenny.
I have been about to build geos-3.2.0 and proj-4.6.1

It has heartburn with:

   pbuilder-satisfydepends-dummy: Depends: postgresql-server-dev-8.4
which is a virtual package.
                                  Depends: libproj-dev (>= 4.5.0) which
is a virtual package.

Both of which are available via apt-get.

Any thoughts? I can ask on the debian list also, but I thought people
here might provide a more specific solution to this build postgis.

-Steve