[postgis-users] How To build postGIS on debian with pbuilder?

Martin Spott Martin.Spott at mgras.net
Fri May 21 07:15:48 PDT 2010

Stephen Woodbridge wrote:

> Does anyone know how to build postGIS using pbuilder on Debian lenny.
> I have been about to build geos-3.2.0 and proj-4.6.1

Get the "usual suspects" like GEOS and PROJ.4 from the fine
  http://debian.gfoss.it/

and feel free to check if the packages at this location are suited to
fill the gap:

  ftp://ftp.ihg.uni-duisburg.de/GIS/PostGIS/Debian/

Everything except the 'postgresql-8.4-postgis' is copied unmodified
from official Debian repositories, the PostGIS package is my own
backport using the respective Debian Sid source packages.

Cheers,
	Martin.