[postgis-users] help with pgsql2shp error

Sam Snellings ssnellings at gmail.com
Sat Nov 6 10:44:12 PDT 2010

Thanks for the ::geometry tip.

(database geog_test, my data) *select count(asEWKB(location::geometry)) from
global_points;*

count: 1

(database geog_three, tutorial data) *select count(asEWKB(geog::geometry))
from airports;*

count: 3

Both of those counts are correct.  global_points contains a single
LINESTRING() constructed from two lat/long points (my data), airports
contains three POINT() generated using the steps in this
tutorial<http://workshops.opengeo.org/postgis-intro/geography.html#creating-a-geography-table>
.

-Sam