[postgis-users] cannot find lwpostgis.sql and spatial_ref_sys.sql

Imran Rajjad rajjad at gmail.com
Sun Nov 7 20:41:48 PST 2010

Hi,

yes I checked, its not there, first I installed 1.3.6 and had the same
problem, so I assumed maybe its got something to do with the version.
I think to run it on Solaris you need a complete development pack for
Solaris. I tried copying the lwpostgis.sql file from a windows
installation but it didnt work. Will the installtion cause same issues
if I switch to Linux ?

regards,
Imran

On Sun, Nov 7, 2010 at 9:02 PM, Bruno Friedmann <bruno at ioda-net.ch> wrote:
> On 11/04/2010 06:42 AM, Imran Rajjad wrote:
>> Dear List,
>>
>> I am running PostGis 1.5 on Windows already, however now I require to
>> run it on Solaris 10 Sparc, I have Postgre V9 installed and working
>> and have also compiled Post 1.3.6 without Proj4 and GEOS, I have been
>> doing through a lot of documentation , it seems that I cannot find
>> lwpostgis.sql and s[atoa;_ref_sys.sql in either the share of the
>> system neither inside postgis directory, can we download these files
>> seperatly and put them in their respective directories? I would really
>> appreciate some help.
>>
>> regards,
>> Imran
>>

> did you have check /usr/share/postgresql/contrib/postgis-1.5/
> which is the default place under Linux ( don't know if solaris do the same thing )
>

> --
>
> Bruno Friedmann (irc:tigerfoot)
> Ioda-Net Sàrl www.ioda-net.ch
>  openSUSE Member