[postgis-users] cannot find lwpostgis.sql and spatial_ref_sys.sql

Imran Rajjad rajjad at gmail.com
Mon Nov 8 05:04:00 PST 2010

Thanks for replying,I know thats a mistake I made! but unfortunately
the installed Solaris on Sparc machine is without development packs so
PostGis 1.5 required geos and porj4 which themself require lot of
packages like python,swig,ruby etc. so the postgis 1.5 setup was
getting a lot of problems, but the 1.3.6 worked somehow, but now it
doesnt have the files to import spatial objects and table. But I can
switch to another OS..most likely Unix or IAX,

regrads
Imran

On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 10:58 AM, Bruno Friedmann <bruno at ioda-net.ch> wrote:
> Hi Imran, I didn't understand one thing.
>
> If you use postgis 1.5 on windows, you need to use the same version under Solaris.
> and not 1.3.6
>

> On 11/08/2010 05:41 AM, Imran Rajjad wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> yes I checked, its not there, first I installed 1.3.6 and had the same
>> problem, so I assumed maybe its got something to do with the version.
>> I think to run it on Solaris you need a complete development pack for
>> Solaris. I tried copying the lwpostgis.sql file from a windows
>> installation but it didnt work. Will the installtion cause same issues
>> if I switch to Linux ?
>>
>> regards,
>> Imran

>>> did you have check /usr/share/postgresql/contrib/postgis-1.5/
>>> which is the default place under Linux ( don't know if solaris do the same thing )
>>>

>>> --
>

> --
>
> Bruno Friedmann (irc:tigerfoot)
> Ioda-Net Sàrl www.ioda-net.ch