[postgis-users] Determine latitude/longitude of a point giveninitial latitude/longitude, bearing and distance on a spheroid.

Arnaud Vandecasteele arnaud.sig at gmail.com
Mon Nov 8 23:39:54 PST 2010

Hi,

I had to solve a similar problem few weeks ago.
You may have a look at the vicenty formula [1], I think it's what you
are looking for.
This two web [2-3] site are also a good strating point.

Regards

Arnaud

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vincenty%27s_formulae
[2] http://www.movable-type.co.uk/scripts/latlong.html#destPoint