[postgis-users] More effective way instead of doping table?

chris brisendine ki4gyw at gmail.com
Sat Nov 20 23:47:21 PST 2010

I'm looking for a more effective way to clear all records then add the
new ones instead of dropping table .
I am wanting to Truncate all records from the table then add the new shapefile.
Currently im using this command
shp2pgsql -d -s 4269 NWSWatch.shp watches geoserver| psql -d geoserver
is there a way to do this? The reason is that my clients are sometimes
updating when Im dropping the table and its throwing them
into all types of errors. The field names will always be the same.