[postgis-users] How to import/export PostGIS Raster data? Tools?

Jorge Arévalo jorge.arevalo at deimos-space.com
Thu Nov 25 10:35:18 PST 2010

On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 7:25 PM, Paragon Corporation <lr at pcorp.us> wrote:

> Eventually GDAL will have both import and export functionality.  Right now
> it just has just export functionality. Jorge Arevalo can talk more about
> that since he's doing most of the work on the GDAL PostGIS raster driver.

I was answering your mail, but Regina and Leo have answered before
(and for sure better) than me. So, only remarks the import/export
topic is one of my TODO tasks. I'd like to improve this process in 2
ways:

- By expanding the GDAL driver to allow new PostGIS Raster creation,
not only reading
- By improving the native loader. Currently, is based on INSERTS and
this can be hell for really big raster coverages.

> If you are interested in reviewing Chapter 13, we might be able to get you a
> more updated version of it and versions as we change it.  Let us know.  It
> has been pretty much rewritten and may undergo further revision before
> publication.  Have to ask our publishers first if that is okay as they seem
> pretty formal about those kind of things.

I'd like to take a deeper look on the chapter. My last version is from
11/8/2010. Is it the last one?