[postgis-users] Benshmark postgis

Arnaud Vandecasteele arnaud.sig at gmail.com
Fri Nov 26 00:38:09 PST 2010

I understand better the interest of the Gis Index !  Thank you for your answer.
I do not want to evaluate the postgis vs other database, just the time
the queries will take for 1000 10 000 or more objects.
The use case will be this one :
We have several thousands of vessels and every 5 seconds I must do a
query to check if they are or not in a dangerous area?

regards

Arnaud