[postgis-users] Hanging Postgres 9.0 + Postgis 1.5.2 on windows

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Sat Oct 2 17:01:36 PDT 2010

Andrea,
On second thought don't think it's the config.  We did a diff and not too
much difference and setting the differences didn't help.

It just doesn't always crash the first time, but does if you run again
immediately so some sort of memory leak.

Andrea -- you want to just change the

 log_error_verbosity = verbose

in your config file and send the PostgreSQL folks a bug report.

I think you are right its something in 9.0 doing it.

When we enable verbose on ours, it looks like its crashing when its trying
to vacuum

LOG:  00000: last completed transaction was at log time 2010-10-02
19:52:00.289-04
LOCATION:  StartupXLOG, .\src\backend\access\transam\xlog.c:6258
LOG:  00000: database system is ready to accept connections
LOCATION:  reaper, .\src\backend\postmaster\postmaster.c:2402
LOG:  00000: autovacuum launcher started
LOCATION:  AutoVacLauncherMain, .\src\backend\postmaster\autovacuum.c:404
LOG:  00000: server process (PID 3664) was terminated by exception
0xC0000005

Leo and Regina