[postgis-users] Violation of Check-Constraint »enforce_srid_punkte«

Jan Saalbach fire at dubmosphere.de
Thu Oct 7 02:03:19 PDT 2010

Hi all,
when I create a GeometryColumn with POINT3D and an SRID of -1 and then
fill it with points everything goes well.

When I create the GeometryColumn with a real SRID instead and then try
to fill it with points, I get a violation error saying the
"Check-Constraint »enforce_srid_punkte«" is violated.

Why is this? Even if I change the SRID to -1 the violation is still
thrown. Only a newly created GeoColumn can be filled.

The commands I use to create and fill the Column are:

SELECT AddGeometryColumn('example','punkte',31467,'POINT',3);

or

SELECT AddGeometryColumn('example','punkte',-1,'POINT',3);

INSERT INTO table (example) VALUES
(ST_makePoint(3441695.00,5975520.00,-7.56));

Regards,
Jan