[postgis-users] PL/R binaries up and PostGIS 1.5 32-bit up for PostgreSQL 9.0 - General PL/R improvements

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Thu Oct 7 23:45:39 PDT 2010

Just an FYI for anyone interested.

1) The PostgreSQL 9.0 Win 32-bit binaries for PostGIS 1.5.2 are up on
Application Stack Builder.
For those who installed our initial release, we apologize for the
inconvenience -- but you'll need to redownload or reinstall.  If you
redownload, just need to replace the postgis-1.5.dll

The correct packages have a -3.zip -3.exe at the end.

This is in response to the analyze crasher bug detailed here:

http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/619

2) Joe Conway has made improvements to PL/R that have performance
improvements when dealing with large float arrays
http://www.joeconway.com/plr/

3) Mike Leahy was kind enough to prepare PL/R install files for the latest
PL/R versions
For PostgreSQL 8.3, 8.4, 9.0 (both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions)

These are downloadable from here as well:
http://www.joeconway.com/plr/

Thanks,
Leo and Regina
http://www.postgis.us