[postgis-users] QGIS requires

Ivan Mincik ivan.mincik at gista.sk
Mon Oct 11 07:44:59 PDT 2010

  On 10/11/2010 01:52 PM, William Furnass wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Aman: did you test your suggestion?  If you create a view from
> (nextval('myseq') as id, geom, attr1, attr2) then QGIS will complain
> that a layer cannot be created from that view as geom, attr1 and attr2
> are not of suitable for use as a unique key (but does not even mention
> the view field corresponding to the created sequence).  Bah.
>
> Unfortunately the majority of the views I'd like to be able to view in
> QGIS are derived from queries involving aggregate functions such as
> ST_Union so I don't think recreating my tables with OIDS will help.

If You read QGIS requirements more closely, You will find that it
requires that this column should be 'primary key, have a unique
constraint on it, or be a PostgreSQL oid column.'
I am also surprised, that sequence column is missing.
This discussion should be definitely moved to Qgis developer list. Would
You please make Your note to 'https://trac.osgeo.org/qgis/ticket/62' ?

--
Ivan Mincik, Gista s.r.o.