[postgis-users] Test failure on postgis 1.4 (layer.getExtent). Isolated in C and Python.

Simon Thépot simon.thepot at makina-corpus.com
Wed Oct 13 08:43:14 PDT 2010

Hi all,
i'm experiencing a test failure on postgis 1.4 using Python that I
isolated in Python and C
Python : http://pastebin.com/PYG5tdMK
C : http://pastebin.com/KXHENU90

getExtent won't work and result in a (GRException: OGR failure).
As i investigated, I think it is due to a GeomType that is not set for its
OGRFeatureDefn (GetLayerDef).

But... it seems the GeomType is set in Python (and C I think), as it
ansers me Point25D.

The C version seems pretty straight forward and I hope someone may give me
a hand on this, been stuck on it all the day... :(

Thanks a lot for any insight,
Cheers,
Simon Thepot