[postgis-users] Database restore fails with missing liblwgeom

Lee Hughes hughesl at science.oregonstate.edu
Thu Oct 21 15:55:21 PDT 2010

The databases were created by restoring the pg_dumpall backup, so I
installed Postgis (psql -d [yourdatabase] -f postgis.sql) in all of
them and tried the restore again, with the same errors. In addition to
the liblwgeom errors (below), which presumably I can ignore, the
restore also errors with "type geometry does not exist". Can I ignore
those errors too?

Thanks for the help.