[postgis-users] pgsql2shp revision

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Fri Sep 10 06:31:52 PDT 2010

Denis Rykov wrote:

> Is the pgsl2shp show correct SVN version of revision?
> After updated pgsql2shp from svn and start pgsql2shp without options I get:
>
>     RCSID: $Id: pgsql2shp-core.h 5870 2010-08-28 09:16:32Z mcayland $
>     RELEASE: 2.0 USE_GEOS=1 USE_PROJ=1 USE_STATS=1
>

> But last SVN revision number is not 5870.

This appears to be a "feature" of SVN in that the revision number
embedded in the file is the last revision that altered that particular
file, and not the latest revision of the whole repository. Since we
store the revision information in a separate file (because it is re-used
in more than one place) then you don't see the "true" repository revision.

Perhaps we could "touch" the pgsql2shp-core.h file but that just seems
messy :(

ATB,

Mark.

PostgreSQL - PostGIS