[postgis-users] Difference between ST_Intersects and && operator

Andreas Forø Tollefsen andreasft at gmail.com
Thu Sep 23 00:08:53 PDT 2010

Ok. I see. But why is the results so different. When using ST_Intersects the
result is correct, while using && it seems there is no order in which vector
grid cells it selects. It is not the cells intersecting with the country
polygon, but rather a mesh of random cells also outside of the country
polygons.